But for some very good reasons.... The first is a good friend of mine celebrated her birthday today. So what do you get a woman who's not really into gifts for herself?? Why you make stuff for the darling children in her life. That's what.
First I made another comfort blanket from some of the great fabric Jenny gave away at the last blog ladies gathering I was able to attend. I also used a scallop stitch instead of a zigzag and I have to say I love the results.
I also made a few shirts for her son. I couldn't resist using my sock monkey fabric to make a tie shirt.
So to quote Lori "let's make this painless and please don't make me beg. :) "

5 comments:
Ooooh ooooh!
I like freebies! I also love all your little clothes, and what a fab idea making presents for the kids!
Love your blog.
Jen
Okay, I'm not paying it forward again so my comment doesn't count in the three!
I just wanted to say that all that looks lovely. And how did I miss out on that Jenny fabric? It's lovely!
I wonder if Sarah's has anything in the sidewalk sale......
Count me please!!!! I lov this idea!
Delurking Geri
I am not commenting to participate in this gift thing-maybe at a later time. Just want to say how impressed I am at all the great projects you've been up to!! I love all the onesies. But I especially love the scallop edging you used. You know, I have a sewing machine with all those fancy stitches and I've used them NEVER. Maybe it's time to reacquaint myself with my machine and it's true potential.
so glad to have found you and this tie shirt idea....i think i will do it for my little guy...we're going to a tie shirt appropriate event!
: )
Post a Comment