Sunday, July 08, 2007

Little Oddities

One of the awesome things about being married is that I have really lovely In-Laws. My Brother-in-Law and his wonderful girlfriend spotted these finds at an estate sale and thought of me. So now I am a proud owner of .....A huge box of snaps.
I love it! I'm always having to run to the store for something, especially little things like snaps and now I'm set.

I also have a equally large collection of hooks.
I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them but I've been having fun thinking of all the interesting things I could make.
Now here is the neatest and oddest thing they found... An entire box of homemade belt buckles.
We just thought it was a second box of snaps and were completely surprised when we found these cuties inside.
I love them. They're kind of strange and I want to know HOW this person made them. (Also why would be a good question.)
They are just so quirky I feel that they need to be used and displayed. I'm thinking of using them as decoration on bags but after that I'm stumped. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, you could use them on belts.




hee hee- couldn't resist!

laura capello said...

no ideas, but damn they found some cool stuff!

Anonymous said...

I think some of them would look cool framed in a shadow box. Wha da ya think?

Me and Him said...

I like Lori's idea. Or you could use them on bag handles somehow. Why would someone make so many belt buckles, that's alot of belts.

amy h said...

That person seemed to like to have things in quantity! Maybe you could make belty headbands? Or you could combine the buckles with the hooks and snaps and make an outfit that's really hard to put on. :) Or you could make one of those toy doll things that helps kids learn snaps, zippers, buttons, etc.

Heidijayhawk said...

now that is a super cool collection! love the idea about putting them on bags. so much vintage goodness.

Anonymous said...

I can't comment on the possibility of having or not having cool in-laws for political reasons, but those belt buckles are really cool! Odd and weird and cool. Yes, why, that's what I want to know! They're like little pieces of art. Too bad you're not an art quilter, then you could sew them all onto a quilt and make some kind of statement about how the beauty of uniqueness despite the opression of the fashion system. Or something. ~A :-)