(Why, oh, why do they feel the need to make slutty clothes for little girls? I am constantly amazed that so many of the clothes for little girls are either really gaudy (all sparkles & glitter), talk about being a princess and are way to short, tight or revealing. What happened to letting little girls look like little girls for as long as possible?
Okay, enough of that rant! Can you tell I've been shopping for summer clothes? )
This is my current work in progress.
I wanted Arlo to have a tie that matched Maisy's Easter dress but had no idea how to make one. Luckily last week I was walking down town with my friend, Molly, and saw a cute little T-shirt with a tie appliqued on the front. Well, since this was in a store that charges an arm and a leg for kids clothes, I just borrowed the idea.
Originally, I was going to make Arlo an all pink tie because he' s cool enough to carry it off but decided that the navy stripes with the pink looked better. Hopefully I'll get his shirt finished tonight and then I can start on the bunnies! Jeez, next time someone please remind me to start earlier!

7 comments:
easter is coming? i can't hear you. la la la la la laaaaaa....
Maisy's dress looks great! And she is such the dress girl - I'm sure she'll get lots of wear out of it. Can't wait to see the tie shirt. And I've got to find time this week for a bit of after bedtime Olive and Archie sewing.
I love the dress, it's so darn cute!
It won't be hard to learn to sew more clothes since you're already so crafty. All you need is practice.
Sometimes sewing clothes makes me want to tear my hair out, but most of the time it's quite satisfying.
Very cute. And I agree, I don't want my TEENAGERS looking like hoochie mommas, much less the little chicks. Stupid clothing makers. Lucky for me, my kids don't like to show skin, and they're smart when it comes to finding clothes. Plus, my oldest wants to make her own summer dresses!! Score! :)
What a sweet dress, you have done better than me..I am recycling last year's dress :o Just discovered your blog, I will visit again!
Yeah, what the chicken lady said. That's always been one of my hot buttons too. But, when you get clothing making down, can you teach me :)
I so agree with you on this issue! One of my daughters just turned 13, and one is 5...and I could dress them both like streetwalkers if I wanted to. The worst thing is, you almost don't have a choice-they can dress like hoochie mama's or they can only wear t-shirts and baggie jeans. Now that I think about it, that 2nd option isn't sounding so bad for my teen! lol!
And I LOVE that dress! I'm just now sewing elastic waisted skirts. Maybe I can graduate to little dresses this summer and make a lot before Claire starts Kindergarten!
Post a Comment