Friday, February 02, 2007

It's a Blast from the Past

This weekend I was at an old friends house. While we were visiting , she pulls this old relic out of her closet for Maisy to play dress up with. It was my old WPA (women pay all or winter formal) dress from my senior year. For some reason I had decided that I was going to make my own dress. Probably because I hated spending a ton of money on a dress I would only wear once and I hate how everyone always had the same dresses just in a different color.
What's hilarious is that I did such a half assed job. I didn't even attempt to blind stitch the hem but just folded up the hem and straight stitched it with the sewing machine. On the shoulders I did a terrible job of stitching them together, the thread didn't even match.

My high school boyfriend wouldn't go to WPA so my girlfriends and I took Jamison Miller. Jamison was an artist, photographer and all around great guy. Heather (on the far left) and I even made T-shirts that said "I'm a member of the Jamison Miller Fan Club". We just loved him.

The theme was Peter Gabriel's song "In Your Eyes". We never did figure out how the mannequins fit into the theme.



4 comments:

laeroport said...

Look at you all fresh faced and high schooly! And from a distance, that dress looks great. I'm still so impressed that you sewed something that ambitious YOURSELF in high school.

MichelleB said...

The dress does look great! When I worry that I'm not doing something "perfect" for my kids, or that they're not dressed "perfect", I try to remember that kids don't see the imperfections that we, as adults, see. Thank Goodness!

Where are you located? I want to go to those fabric sales with you! LOL

laura capello said...

dude, WHY WOULDN'T YOUR BOYFRIEND GO?

Alicia A. said...

The dress looks very nice from here, but the mannequins are creepy!