Sunday, January 21, 2007

Whew!


3 projects finished this week. Remind me next time to start a little earlier! For our friend's birthday I made this Bat Bag. He just turned 4 and is a complete nut for all things Halloween. It's very cute. (The boy, not the bag) Not to say I'm not happy with the bag, just not terribly excited. I turned out well and I'm going to make 2 more for my kids to Trick or Treat with. Let's just hope I don't forget where I put them come October.

I also made him a Halloween themed Spaceboy from Wee Wonderfuls. I love how he turned out. You can't tell very well but the belt is a cut out felt bat. I originally was going to put BOO but the bat was less time consuming and looks better.


This little guy was for my friend's son to celebrate their finalized adoption. His bedroom is fireman themed so when I found this adorable fabric I couldn't resist.

So a now I have a couple of questions, How the heck do you turn these small corners? Every time I wind up with pointy toed spacemen and it kind of bothers me. Is there a trick I don't know about or will it just take more time and practice?

Also can you tell which photos were taken by the professional photographer and which one was taken by me? :)

I have to say Matt was a big help on Saturday and was kind enough to take pictures of whatever I put in front of him. Thanks again, babe!

The project list is coming this week, it's just taking a little more time than I thought. I want to add pictures of the materials I'm thinking about using since my powers of description are not so hot. And so people can give their advice or suggestions.

2 comments:

laeroport said...

Did Kansas just LOVE his present???? Both your space boys look great - and the bag. Wow! Sorry it didn't work on Friday, but the bowling alley will be there another day.

Cheers!

laura capello said...

geesh, i don't know what the hell you are talking about, everything looks great to me.

have you tried a bone folder for turning the small seams? perhaps that will help?

how'd you put the eyes on? i'm getting ready to make my first softies and i'm terrified.