Monday, January 29, 2007

Clearly I have a problem


Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm a Fabric Addict.

Okay, maybe it's not that bad... yet. But I did purchase all of this fabric this weekend at two different stores! Yes, some of it's for projects but why, why!?! did I purchase 2 3/8 yards of that ugly brown and pink fabric? (I partially hid it underneath all the others because I was a little ashamed and it makes your eyes water if you look at it too long.) I just had to have it. What am I going to use it for ? No clue because it's way too ugly to give as a gift and I sure don't want anything made out it. Maybe it will make a nice accent to something later one. I'll just have to wait and see.

This week should be a busy one. I have to finish 3 presents by this weekend so that I can start on my Amy Butler bag! You may not know this but I am an absolute freak about purses. I have about 50 different ones and I am jonesing for a new one. But since one of my new year's resolutions was to be less of a consumer, I'll have to make it myself. Plus the thrill of purse shopping is gone, now that I know I can make something much cooler and more original on my own the bags at Target don't have the same appeal.

3 comments:

laeroport said...

You got that pink and brown stuff at Hobby Lobby didn't you? I almost bought it on Friday but put it back. :) I was thinkin' apron. Or dolly sleeping bag.

Good to actually SEE you on Saturday, although briefly. And thanks for the purse save.

laura capello said...

egads that's a log of fabric!

MichelleB said...

Ooohhh - fabric yumminess! My name is also Michelle, and I am also a Fabric Addit.

Love those pinky oranges - I bought tons of it at JoAnns, and then went back the next day and bought MORE! And I still have to force myself to cut into it, because I might not have enough.

It's so sad.