Up: These Daffodils that my mother in law bought for us. When Matt and I got married, our flowers were daffodils in mason jars, so I have a soft spot for them.
Down: I have to keep them in the kitchen because the dumb cat will knock them over.
Up: I got 5 whole hours to myself on Saturday!
Down:
I spent most of it working on the Bath Room Towels from Amy Butler's In Stitches and it did not turn out well. You can't see it but the fabric band is hanging 2 inches off the towel. Just a tip, Don't buy towels that already have a decorative band.
Also is anyone else having trouble with the Amy Butler patterns? I am just not getting it. It must be like the trouble I have with Spanish and crossword puzzles, I know that some part of my brain understands it all but it's just not connected to anything else.
Up: My girl got her hair cut. Now she and I don't have to fight the tangles every morning!!!
Okay, this isn't an up or down but does anyone else have a stack of quilt squares that they started years ago and now they don't like? I was digging through my stuff (yes, literally digging) and found these squares I had cut about 2 years ago when I was bitten by the quilting bug. It must not have been a very hard bite since I've done absolutely nothing with them. Also I have no idea what I was thinking with these fabric combos, they are just butt ugly. Anybody have any suggestions?
Hope everyone in Blogland is doing well and getting to enjoy some of this beautiful weather. Thank goodness Spring is finally here!!!!!!!!

9 comments:
Look at Miss Maisy and her cute little bob! Hair cuts were big on the agenda this weekend, eh?
And I have to read Amy Butler instructions about 20 times - and then it still helps more to look at the pictures.
Let the kids play with the fabric squares? Make them into doll quilts for the kids? Use them as diaper wipes? Freecycle them? LOL
damn DLST! argh!
as for your fabric swatches, embellish aprons, tissue holders, make flower brooches, give away to friends...
I love daffodils.
I've only made one thing in the Amy Butler book: the PJ bottoms. The instructions seemed a little crazy until I actually was doing it -- then it was fine.
You could pick out the fabrics you do like from that stack and make a fabric banner for a kids party or something. I just started quilting, so I don't have any stacks of squares sitting around -- so I'm not sure!
I had/still have problems with Amy Butler instructions from Institches. I resorted to asking hubby... "this is what I have, how do I make it look like the photo?" Then he says do this, this, this and that, then I compare it to the instructions and voila it works.
If you're still interested in making a quilt - just do it. The colors look great. It's only when you get up close that you then question your choices. Guarantee one of the kids will LOVE it.
Oh yeah, love the daffodils in the mason jar - and know the pain of a water tipping cat.
Oh my, I love the haircut. It's so cute! Hope you have more ups than downs this week! :)
she looks SO stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment